Friday, October 30, 2009

The Olympic Flame

I was watching coverage of the arrival of the Olympic Flame in Victoria today.

I thought it was great that local resident and two-time Olympic medallist Simon Whitfield was selected to be one of the first two people to carry the flame on the torch relay.

It got me thinking, who should be the person who gets to light the big Olympic cauldron on February 12, 2010 (speaking of that, where will that be??? inside BC Place???)

I'm hoping that since her son can't be there, Terry Fox's mother Betty will be chosen. I think that would be the perfect way to honour Terry's memory and Betty's tireless work since her son's death in 1981.

Who would you like to see light the Olympic cauldron?
PK

PS If you want to see a great video about the torch relay, check this out.
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-videos/lights-will-guide-you-home_116232g110288-JA.html

No comments: